The 2019.1 release announces the introduction of the physics-based camera based on the Unreal gaming engine and the physics-based radar model.
The new Physics Based Camera based on the Unreal Engine provides the following functionalities:
- Greatly improved physical effects in images (shadows, reflections, shading, etc.)
- Complete sensor & optics pipeline simulation
- Fisheye camera simulation
- Support for rain simulation
A new Physics Based Radar model allows users to generate raw data output (e.g. ADC) to help with the testing and development of signal processing algorithms and new automotive radar systems.
Other improvements from the 2019.1 release:
- Object List Provider, providing complete information about all objects in an experiment.
- New OpenDRIVE features (pedestrian crossings, top lines, etc.)
Read the full list of new features and enhancements of PreScan 2019.1, more general information about Automated Driving and ADAS physics-based simulation platform PreScan or request a free trial of PreScan.